From 25 March 2020 businesses can apply for a 3-month extension for filing their accounts.
As part of the agreed measures, while companies will still have to apply for the 3-month extension to be granted, those citing issues around COVID-19 will be automatically and immediately granted an extension. Applications can be made through a fast-tracked online system which will take just 15 minutes to complete.
Paying your penalty
For the welfare of our employees during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our telephone contact centre is now closed. We’re not able to take credit card payments over the telephone.
If your late filing penalty occurred on or after 30 March 2020, you may be able to pay your late filing penalty online. You will find a link to the online service on your penalty notice.
You should pay by BACS instead if:
- your penalty occurred before 30 March 2020
- you have multiple penalties
- you have a part paid penalty
- you have a penalty under an instalment plan
You can make a BACS transfer to:
Sort code: 52 21 07
Account number: 41005309
For overseas payments:
Swift Code: NW BK GB 2L
When paying by BACS you must:
- clearly state the company number on the bank transfer and use it as the payment reference
- email your remittance advice to email@example.com on the same day as the payment is sent – clearly stating the company name and number
This payment method is only applicable to this service.
For advice or more information, email our LFP Finance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sending an appeal
You may appeal a late filing penalty, but you’ll need to show that the reasons for filing late were exceptional.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there are restrictions to public access to our offices and the delivery of paper documents.
To help us continue processing your appeals while we’re working remotely, you should send your appeal form to us by email.
- Download the form.
- Complete the form and save the PDF to your device.
- Send your completed PDF and any additional attachments to email@example.com